[Projectleiding] MCH2021 ticket sales timeline

Attilla de Groot attilla at ifcat.org
Sat Dec 28 15:11:03 CET 2019

Hi All,

I just had a conversation with Martin about the ticket/coupon sales and the timelines. The following is what I have in mind with the according dependancies that I would like your comments on. The coupon discussion was on the mailinglist last month and it seems that everyone is in favor of using this.

- March 31st 2020: Announce coupon procedure externally
— Need representative website (not final with design)
— Ticketshop needs to be running with payment provider(s)
— Accountant needs to be informed
— Contract for location needs to be signed
- April 2020 (day tbd): Start selling coupons
— Terms & conditions ready
- November 2020: Announce ticket sales procedure/pricing/timeline externally
— Pricing of tickets ready
— Budget mostly figured out
— Other pricing (e.g tents and merchandise ready)
- Mid-December 2020: Start ticket sales
- From January 1st 2021, increase pricing bi-weekly with to be determined value
- Ticket sales stops before event starts or max number of visitors, whichever comes first.

Using this timeline has clear advantages for both ourselves and the visitors:
- Providing clear information on the procedure prevents a surprise sale for visitors
- Selling coupons gives us, hopefully, necessary cashflow. It will also give visitors the possibility to “save” money for a ticket if we provide a ticket guarantee.
- Similar for the announcement of the actual ticket sales, will give clarity to the visitors.
- Raising ticket prices after sales starts will, hopefully, incentify visitors not to buy their at the last moment
- Having a fixed value increase would still provide the possibility to give discounts for specific reasons (e.g a discount voucher at EH or another event)

Let me know what you think about this and what I am forgetting, so we can make this happen!

Best regards,
Attilla