[Projectleiding] MCH2021 ticket sales timeline

jeroen at ifcat.org jeroen at ifcat.org
Thu Jan 2 12:42:27 CET 2020

All,

See inline.

Jeroen

For me it is Juerd, point one and 2 are equally important to me, a win-win situation.

> > As for vouchers & guaranteed tickets :
> > - We should ask ourselves is this really a problem ? I would gladly
> > have to discuss this problem when it actually arises 😊
>
> If we determine the full ruleset in advance, it shouldn't be a problem.
> But I do foresee major problems if we don't have these answers at the very
> beginning of the coupon sales.
I do not see the major issue since we can almost double our ticket sales from just over 3000 to nearly 6000 to last event without running into issues.
And we will not sell 5000 coupons in a week to 5000 separate individuals in a week.

> > - A solution could be to sell coupons between April and the end of
> > November 2020, then on 1 December 2020 mail all coupon holders a
> > voucher code to buy an exclusive early bird ticket for the lowest
> > price in the shop to allow them to convert the coupons into shop
> > items.
>
> Having both coupons and vouchers sounds very complicated. I'm assuming the
> coupons themselves have codes that can be used.
We will have both as coupons are new and sold in advance as discussed and vouchers are handed out to speakers, neighbours, people with a valid request for a discount ticket.
This is not complicated and is part of the shop anyway, was already discussed with Martin that works for Pretix.

> >   That gives them about 25 days of exclusivity to get their ticket
> >   before at some Congress day the Shop opens for everyone.
>
> Without going into the specifics of the timeline, I like the idea of having an
> exclusive first phase for those who bought a coupon.
Nice we agree on that lets make a timeline on the 19th.