[Projectleiding] MCH2021 ticket sales timeline

Juerd Waalboer juerd at tnx.nl
Tue Dec 31 01:36:10 CET 2019

jeroen at ifcat.org skribis 2019-12-29 14:30 (+0100):
> We also need to make clear the 2 reasons why we are doing this:
>    1) To enable people who are more difficult to put the whole amount
>    on the table in one go with multiple vouchers over various months,
>    to put money aside to attend MCH2021

Is this thruthfully why we're doing this, though? I mean, it's a really
nice side-effect, but I thought we did it solely to shift the cash flow
in order to secure the finances when we need them the most (point 2 in
your list).

> As for vouchers & guaranteed tickets :
> - We should ask ourselves is this really a problem ? I would gladly
> have to discuss this problem when it actually arises 😊

If we determine the full ruleset in advance, it shouldn't be a problem.
But I do foresee major problems if we don't have these answers at the
very beginning of the coupon sales.

> - A solution could be to sell coupons between April and the end of
> November 2020, then on 1 December 2020 mail all coupon holders a
> voucher code to buy an exclusive early bird ticket for the lowest
> price in the shop to allow them to convert the coupons into shop
> items.

Having both coupons and vouchers sounds very complicated. I'm assuming
the coupons themselves have codes that can be used.

>   That gives them about 25 days of exclusivity to get their ticket
>   before at some Congress day the Shop opens for everyone.

Without going into the specifics of the timeline, I like the idea of
having an exclusive first phase for those who bought a coupon.
--
Met vriendelijke groet, // Kind regards, // Korajn salutojn,

Juerd Waalboer  <juerd at tnx.nl>
TNX